Health & Safety
Weldspec recognises the importance of protecting the health, the safety and the environmental impacts of our operations. Therefore, it is Weldspec’s commitment to pro-actively work with partners, clients, employees, contractors, governmental agencies and the public in order to achieve the highest possible standards at health, safety and environmental protection.
Fulfilment of the principles of this policy is essential for the continued successful development of Weldspec and the achievement towards our health, safety and environmental goal within Weldspec.
Fundamental objective of Weldspec is the safeguard, assessing, monitoring and managing of employees’ health during the performance of their work.
The environmental performance of Weldspec is also paramount importance so that we aim to monitor the objectives of reducing and recycling to minimise the environmental impact from our business
The core driving values of Weldspec are to:
Implement at all the proper means to ensure the health, safety and the well-being of personnel involved in our work areas and to ensure that our activities do not have a negative impact on assets, equipment and the environment. Understand and anticipate our client’s need and expectations and satisfy them through safe and timely solutions that preserve personnel, assets, equipment and the environment.
Weldspec is committed to:
- Taking into consideration and evaluation health, safety and environmental criteria in each and every work process to prevent the exposure of risk on the basis that all incidents and accidents resulting from our business activities are preventable.
- Assess and manage the risks which may arise from our activities with respect to protection of people, safeguard of assets and protection of the environment.
- Medical personnel will initiate preventive measures and consider all the activities whose execution constitutes a health risk due to operational, hygienic, climatic and existing logistic conditions. High level of confidentiality will be maintained regarding personnel medical issues and records.
- Comply with all relevant client standards, legislation, code, guidelines, standards and industry standards as well as the application of more stringent standards where we consider them appropriate
- Maintain compliance with and them implement this policy in all our entities and projects.
- Providing framework for setting and reviewing HSE objectives.
- Maintaining mutual and two-ways communication system of all HSE issues.
- Setting of specific and clear responsibilities for all Weldspec personnel.
- Ensuring an appropriate level of employee training in relation to health, safety and environmental protection activities in all areas of our operation.
- Continuous monitoring of our health, safety and environmental HSE Management systems and performances and report our performance against annual objectives.
- Promote through firm management principles and commitment, companywide participation in the continuous improvement process including subcontractors, and to recognise those who contribute.
- Integrate sustainable development principles in all our activities.
- Share with our partners, contractors and suppliers our HSE commitment and values.
- The application of this policy Is promoted through visible leadership and commitment, line management involvement and employees’ participation in the continuous improvement of our health, safety and environmental management systems and documentation.